Thursday, November 11, 2010

So I don't know what it is. I've been dreaming about building a dome home for myself (and my little family now) for as long as I can remember. It's just this nagging idea. I've never done anything about it though so I thought a couple weeks ago that I'd do what I can to start realizing this dream. So I went on the internet, found a simple plan to build a geodesic dome out of card stock and there it is! All in all it probably took about 6 hours to build with paper, scissors and glue and I'm really satisfied with the results. It gives me a great idea of the space involved and how simple it is to build a strong, spacious structure. I realize that this makes me a geek and why in the world should anyone care that I made half a ball out of paper but I see so much more than that. I'm looking forward to making another one twice the size with a sturdy frame and removable panels so I can start working on the interior and exterior architecture. I want the main structure to be two levels. The bottom level will be divided into a large living area and the kitchen with a large deck and picture window off of it. The upstairs will be the master bed and master bath. That's it. Any additional rooms will be smaller domes surrounding the main structure connected by modest "tunnels". I have every detail worked out in my mind and I look forward to posting my progress for any of you other geeks that are interested. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment